Northern Lights Tour
1900 NOKper person
Cancel up to 24h in advance to receive a full refund!
Adventure time: enjoy comfort and company on our minibus tour!
We will pick you up with our 17-seater minibus in front of Magic Ice Bar in Tromsø. Before the tour starts, your guide will analyse the weather conditions in order to predict the best spots for the northern lights show. During most of our tours, we are able to find the aurora on the coastal islands and occasionally the clear skies are waiting for us in Finland. Once we find the perfect spot, we will set up a bonfire and begin to capture the spectacle on camera as you socialise with the group or take a step away to enjoy the show on your own. Relax whilst sipping hot drinks, warming up with a hearty meal and enjoying delicious cookies.
Don’t worry about being cold! We have thermal suits and boots waiting for you in the van. Nevertheless, do remember to dress properly (check FAQ). Our guide will take pictures during the tour and will make sure that you have your perfect photo with the aurora. If you decide to bring your own camera, we have tripods available and will take the time to help you with the camera set-up. Pictures taken during the tour will be sent to you the next day. The duration of the tour can vary from 6-9 hours, depending on the weather conditions. After the tour, we will drop you at your hotel in the city center.
Please take your passport and check your email before the tour.
Price per person1900 NOK /Adult 1900 NOK/Child (6-12)
Group sizeUp to 15 participants!
DeparturePickup in front of The Magic Ice Bar Tromsø and drop-off at your hotel in the city center.
Departure Time18:00 (6:00 PM) from the Magic Ice Bar Tromsø, Kaigata 4 (from 15th March pick up at 7:00 PM due to late sunset).
Dress CodeWarm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
IncludesKnowledgeable and passionate guideCampfireThermal suits, boots and tripodsCookies and hot beveragesTraditional Norwegian meal: Sausages with lompe (vegetarian options available)Instructions on how to photograph Northern LightsPictures from the tour sent on the next day
Not IncludedPick-up in front of Magic Ice Bar in the city center at 10:00 AM and drop you off at your hotel after the tour.Snowshoes and polesHomemade sandwichesOnly up to 8 participantsPickup and dropoff at your accommodation on Tromsøya island
Pickup front of The Magic Ice Bar Tromsø and drop-off at your hotel in the city center. Please check your mailbox on the day of the tour! After a short introduction, your guide will take you to the place with the best possible conditions for observing the Northern Lights.
Northern Lights chase begins!
After a short introduction, your guide will take you to the place with the best possible conditions to observe the Northern Lights. We carefully analyze the weather forecasts and stay in touch with other guides. You can be sure we will do everything that is possible to give you the best chances of seeing the Northern Lights!
After we find a good spot, we set up a campfire. To keep you warm we have thermal suits and boots. Your guide will take professional pictures and offer help on how to set up your own camera. If you would like to use your own camera we prepared tripods for you! Then we will be preparing a traditional Norwegian meal: Sausages with lompe (vegetarian options available). We also have tea, hot chocolate and cookies!
We bring you back happy, safe and sound to your hotel in the city center!
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out our FAQ below. Don't see an answer to your question? Feel free to contact us!
How should I be dressed for the tour?
We highly recommend to dress in 3-4 layers including long-sleeved and long-leg thermal underwear, 2 pairs of socks preferably woolen ones, fleece jumper and trousers, woolen jumper, windproof trousers, winter jacket, gloves, hat, and most important winter shoes. We will provide you with thermal suits and boots to make sure you stay warm and cosy during the tour.
What about toilet breaks?
Can you guarantee that I will see the Northern Lights?
Would I get a refund due to bad/dangerous weather conditions?
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Terms and ConditionsWhen booking, the customer (and all the people that booked with you under the same booking) automatically agree to the following Terms and Conditions. Please note that You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation with Northern Horizon. If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult. HEALTH ISSUES If you have any health issues or any medical condition please let us know. We are flexible and more than happy to meet your needs, however, if we will decide that this tour is not suitable for you, we have a right to cancel. If that happens you will get a full refund. Remember to tell us about any health issues in the comment section in our booking form or by email immediately after making a reservation. PRICE All the prices you can find on the website (northernhorizon.no) and they are in Norwegian Krone currency. The prices include everything that is listed and pointed out in the description of the tour. There are no hidden/extra fees added to the announced price. PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS When you book a tour with us your card will be charged after you have entered the necessary information, accepted the terms and conditions and submitted your booking. IN CASE OF NOT SEEING THE NORTHERN LIGHTS We wish we could, but we cannot control weather conditions or solar activity. Therefore we cannot guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights. We are passionate and experienced Northern Lights hunters. We use a combination of our knowledge and determination to find clear skies and show you the Northern Lights whenever possible, however, the last word belongs to nature. There are no refunds or free trips in the case that we do not see the Northern Lights. Refunds will be sent back to the card that was originally charged for the booking. Depending on your customer's bank, the refund shows up between 5 to 10 business days after we proceed with the refund. CANCELLATION POLICY Cancellation by the supplier (Northern Horizon) We reserve the right to cancel the trip if:
- external influences like weather conditions make it impossible for us to guarantee the safe conduction of the programs,
- there is less than the minimum number of participants joining,
- for weather-related reasons,
- other unexpected events that will force us to cancel the tour (such a problem with the vehicle or sickness of the guide).
- Our customers negligent or willful acts that lead to their own or others death, personal injury, loss or damage to their and others property.
- Delays or interruptions of the tour due to naturally occurring events or road accident, illness within the tour group or any other unforeseen events that we had no control over.
- For any others person`s or company's acts that will lead to delays/changes in arrival or departure of flights.
- Situations when a third person need emergency assistance (for example road accidents or illness).
- We are also not responsible for customers expenses caused by road accidents, nature-made accidents, terrorism, broken equipment or other unforeseen events.
- Northern Horizon has the right to change routes, itineraries or timetables without prior notice if it is necessary.
- Ask what personal data (about him or her) is being processed.
- Get access to his or her personal data that is being processed.
- Modify his or her personal data in case the data subject believes that this personal data is not up to date or accurate.
- Withdraw a previously given consent for the processing of their personal data for a purpose.
- Request that his or her personal data should not be processed for certain purposes. For example to object to the processing of his/her personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated processing.
- Request a complete erasure of their Personal data from our database.
- Ask for transferring (his or her) personal data back or to another controller. In that case, the personal data has to be provided or transferred in an electronic document format.
- For his or her to be provided back (to him or her) or transferred. When doing so, the personal data must be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format.
You can book this trip below!