NORTHERN LIGHTS TOUR
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation on Tromsø island
- Traditional Norwegian meal: Sausages with lumpe (vegetarian options available)
- Instructions on how to take photos
- Thermal suits and boots
- Hot beverages and cookies
- Tour in a small group (max 8)
- Photos from the tour
- Please wear warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat and good winter boots.
- Departure time and place: 6:30 PM (18:30) at your hotel/address in Tromsø
- From the 16 of March, the departure time will be 19:30 since it gets dark later
- If you are staying away from Tromsø we can arrange pickup for you but it will be paid extra (contact us for more info)
- Tours may be canceled due to bad weather or an insufficient number of participants.
- Remember to bring your passport
- Please check your email before the tour
Cancellation by supplier (Northern Horizon)
Should external influences like weather conditions make it impossible for us to guarantee the safe conduction of the programs, we will cancel the tour. In this case, you can either chose to reschedule the tour or opt for a full refund. We thank you for your kind understanding!
Cancellation by guests
We understand that different situations may arise that can lead to the need for tour cancellation from your side as well. Nevertheless, as we put a lot of effort into the preparation of our tours and reserve all places once booked, bookings are only eligible for a full refund if canceled up until 48 hours prior to tour start. Bookings that are canceled after this time will not be refunded. If you book a tour and do not show up at the arranged meeting point, there will be no refund either.
Yes, you will. When the weather is too harsh and it is too risky to drive, we cancel the tour. Your safety is our priority. In this case, you will receive a full refund.
Remember to dress properly (please read “How should I be dressed for the tour?”). You can bring your own camera but it is not a must. We offer you a warm meal (vegetarian/vegan option) with hot drinks and delicious cookies. If you need to eat something before/after, please bring a snack with you.
We highly recommend to dress in 3-4 layers including long-sleeved and long-leg thermal underwear, 2 pairs of socks preferably woolen ones, fleece jumper and trousers, woolen jumper, windproof trousers, winter jacket, gloves, hat, and most important winter shoes.
We will provide you with thermal suits and boots to make sure you stay warm and cozy during the tour.
During most of our tours, it is possible to use a public toilet at a petrol station or other area that we pass during the car ride. However, there are also trips when we must go into the wilderness with no access the public toilets. In that case, you will have multiple natural options to pick from!
We wish we could, but we cannot control weather conditions or solar activity. Therefore we cannot guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights.
We are passionate and experienced Northern Lights hunters. We use a combination of our knowledge and determination to find clear skies and show you the Northern Lights whenever possible, however the last word belongs to nature. There are no refunds or free trips in the case that we do not see the Northern Lights.