1200 NOKper person
Take a deep breath of fresh air and feel the snow crunching under your feet!
Our snowshoe hike is a great way to really connect with the Arctic wilderness, clear your head and recharge your batteries.
We will pick you up in front of Magic Ice Bar in Tromsø at 10:00 AM. Then we will head to our snowshoe hike spot on Kvaløya island. It’s about a one-hour drive through gorgeous landscapes, full of mountains, fjords and sandy beaches. We might see some reindeer, orcas, sea eagles, moose or other wild animals on the way.
Then it’s time to put on your snowshoes, leave civilisation behind and venture deep into the Arctic! Your guide will take plenty of pictures and share their knowledge of the region. At some point, we will take a short break for hot drinks and homemade sandwiches. We will also have a bottle of water prepared for you.
Our extra small group size gives our guide the possibility to adjust the intensity level to suit you. However, please remember that this tour requires you to be in good physical condition! Please contact us if you are unsure about the required fitness level.
Follow us into the wilderness and experience it for yourself!
Price per person1200 NOK /Adult NOK/Child (6-12)
Duration6 h / Pickup 10:00 AM
Group sizeUp to 8 participants!
Season15th of September to 15th of April
DeparturePick-up in front of Magic Ice Bar in the city center at 10:00 AM and drop you off at your hotel after the tour.
Departure Time10:00 AM
Dress CodeWarm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
IncludesPick-up in front of Magic Ice Bar in the city center at 10:00 AM and drop you off at your hotel after the tour.Snowshoes and polesHomemade sandwichesKnowledgeable and passionate guideCookies and hot beveragesPictures from the tour sent on the next dayOnly up to 8 participantsPickup and dropoff at your accommodation on Tromsøya island
Not IncludedCampfireThermal suits, boots and tripodsTraditional Norwegian meal: Sausages with lompe (vegetarian options available)Instructions on how to photograph Northern Lights
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check out our FAQ below. Can't find the answer to your question? Feel free to contact us!
How should I be dressed for the tour?
What about toilet breaks?
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Would I get a refund due to bad/dangerous weather conditions?
Terms and ConditionsWhen booking, the customer (and all the people that booked with you under the same booking) automatically agree to the following Terms and Conditions. Please note that You must be at least 18 years of age to make a reservation with Northern Horizon. If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult. HEALTH ISSUES If you have any health issues or any medical condition please let us know. We are flexible and more than happy to meet your needs, however, if we will decide that this tour is not suitable for you, we have a right to cancel. If that happens you will get a full refund. Remember to tell us about any health issues in the comment section in our booking form or by email immediately after making a reservation. PRICE All the prices you can find on the website (northernhorizon.no) and they are in Norwegian Krone currency. The prices include everything that is listed and pointed out in the description of the tour. There are no hidden/extra fees added to the announced price. PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS When you book a tour with us your card will be charged after you have entered the necessary information, accepted the terms and conditions and submitted your booking. IN CASE OF NOT SEEING THE NORTHERN LIGHTS We wish we could, but we cannot control weather conditions or solar activity. Therefore we cannot guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights. We are passionate and experienced Northern Lights hunters. We use a combination of our knowledge and determination to find clear skies and show you the Northern Lights whenever possible, however, the last word belongs to nature. There are no refunds or free trips in the case that we do not see the Northern Lights. Refunds will be sent back to the card that was originally charged for the booking. Depending on your customer's bank, the refund shows up between 5 to 10 business days after we proceed with the refund. CANCELLATION POLICY Cancellation by the supplier (Northern Horizon) We reserve the right to cancel the trip if:
- external influences like weather conditions make it impossible for us to guarantee the safe conduction of the programs,
- there is less than the minimum number of participants joining,
- for weather-related reasons,
- other unexpected events that will force us to cancel the tour (such a problem with the vehicle or sickness of the guide).
- Our customers negligent or willful acts that lead to their own or others death, personal injury, loss or damage to their and others property.
- Delays or interruptions of the tour due to naturally occurring events or road accident, illness within the tour group or any other unforeseen events that we had no control over.
- For any others person`s or company's acts that will lead to delays/changes in arrival or departure of flights.
- Situations when a third person need emergency assistance (for example road accidents or illness).
- We are also not responsible for customers expenses caused by road accidents, nature-made accidents, terrorism, broken equipment or other unforeseen events.
- Northern Horizon has the right to change routes, itineraries or timetables without prior notice if it is necessary.
- Ask what personal data (about him or her) is being processed.
- Get access to his or her personal data that is being processed.
- Modify his or her personal data in case the data subject believes that this personal data is not up to date or accurate.
- Withdraw a previously given consent for the processing of their personal data for a purpose.
- Request that his or her personal data should not be processed for certain purposes. For example to object to the processing of his/her personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated processing.
- Request a complete erasure of their Personal data from our database.
- Ask for transferring (his or her) personal data back or to another controller. In that case, the personal data has to be provided or transferred in an electronic document format.
- For his or her to be provided back (to him or her) or transferred. When doing so, the personal data must be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format.
You can book this trip below!