Long Reindeer Sledding, Feeding and Sami Culture
1590 NOKper person
Enjoy a 30-minute sleigh ride as the reindeer guide you around the valley and along the coast. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to feed 300 of these magnificent animals before entering the gamme for a hot traditional meal cooked over the fire. Finish the day by gathering around the fire to listen to Sami history, stories and joiking (songs).
Adults: 1,590 NOK | Children (6-12): 895 NOK | Children (under 6): FREE
Season: 15.11.2019 – 12.04.2020
Price per person1590 NOK /Adult NOK/Child (6-12)
Duration4h / Departure: 10 AM OR 2 PM
DepartureRadisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø City Centre
Departure Time10 AM OR 2 PM
Dress CodeWarm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
At the Camp
- 35 minute Reindeer Sledding
- Feeding of wild Reindeer
- Guests can test lasso throwing (but not on real reindeer)
- Warm drinks inside a warm gamme (Traditional Sami Building).
- Warm lunch of bidos (a traditional Sami soup) with more coffee and cake (vegetarian option possible)
- Storytelling of Sami Culture
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations free up to 48 hours before departure.
- Meeting time is 15 minutes before departure.
- Please be on time for departure, missed departures are not refundable.
- Make sure your travel insurance covers missed/cancelled/delayed flights or boats, sickness and other unforeseen circumstances that may lead to missing the tour.