Night Reindeer Sledding with Dinner and Northern Lights
1750 NOKper person
Travel out into the wilderness and walk among 300 reindeer (with the opportunity to feed them too) before enjoying a 25-minute sleigh ride. Afterwards, enter a candlelit Gamme to enjoy a relaxed three-course meal followed by the sounds of joiking (songs), Sami history and stories. On a clear night, you might be lucky enough to catch the majestic northern lights.
Adults: 1,750 NOK | Children (6-12): 975 NOK | Children under 6: FREE
Season: 15.11.2019 – 12.04.2020
Price per person1750 NOK /Adult NOK/Child (6-12)
Duration4.5h / Departure: 6:00 PM
DepartureRadisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø City Centre
Departure Time6:00 PM
Return Time10.30 PM
Dress CodeWarm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
At the Camp
- 6.30pm: Arrive at Reindeer Camp and feeding of wild Reindeer and walk around the reindeer camp followed by going on a reindeer sledding ride (approx 25 mins)
- 7.30pm Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candle lit gamme (Traditional Sami Hut)
- A cold smoked salmon starter, followed by a bidos (a traditional Sami stew) and Sami bread (a vegetarian option is also possible)
- Chocolate cake and blue berry dessert whilst listening to storytelling of Sami Culture and how it is to be a reindeer herder
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- Guests will have the opportunity to be outside and try and catch the northern lights.
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations free up to 48 hours before departure.
- Meeting time is 15 minutes before departure.
- Please be on time for departure, missed departures are not refundable.
- Make sure your travel insurance covers missed/cancelled/delayed flights or boats, sickness and other unforeseen circumstances that may lead to missing the tour.
Please let us know if you have any questions!